New Road Side Methodist, Wyke::

 
New Road Side Methodist

New Road Side Methodist Church
In 1858 a Sunday school was started in the Brick Huts and scholars were taken to Wesley Place, Low Moor to worship.  In 1860 a day school was built and also used as a preaching place.  This was demolished and extra land purchased to build a new Chapel and Sunday school in 1871.  The church closed in 1963 and was demolished soon after.  Some private housing stands there now.

Baptisms start in 1871.

There was no graveyard.

 

HOME