Wibsey, Chapel Fold::

 
Chapel Fold

Chapel Fold

At the present time Chapel Fold is group of old houses in private occupation.  They were built in the early 1600's and we are told that the Moravians worshiped there from 1760 and this is how they got their name.  Before Buttershaw St Paul's church was built in 1842 the Church of England used Chapel Fold for services.  The 1841 census shows Chapel Fold in private occupation. 

There are no records relating to congregations at this location

Wibsey Chapel Fold

 

HOME