St Paul's, Buttershaw

 
St Paul's Buttershaw

St Paul's Church stands within three minutes walk of the ancient village of Wibsey It was built in 1838 and consecrated in 1842 but because of the existence of Wibsey Chapel, built in 1606, the new church was designated as Buttershaw parish church, a part of the overall locality of Wibsey.

The church, following traditional Early English design with lancet windows, was built and endowed at the expense of John Hardy, a director of the Low Moor Company. The parish boundaries were changed in 1924 and again in 1967.

Baptism records date from 1842, Burial records date from 1838

 

HOME