St Mark's, Low Moor

These records are currently under transcription.

 
St Mark's Low Moor

St Mark’s was consecrated in 1857 and a new chancel erected in 1892. It was built largely at the expense of the directors of the Low Moor Company and was endowed by Lord Cranbrook, augmenting the endowment of his late father John Hardy.

The church closed in 2002 and is now a private residence. Shortly after the church closed the building was the subject of an Historic Environment Record by the West Yorkshire Archaeology Advisory Service. This can be consulted by phoning 01924 306797 or email wyher@wyjs.org.uk. The graveyard is still consecrated and in the care of the Parish of South Bradford.
Baptism and Burial records date from 1857.

 

 

 

HOME