Oakenshaw Wesleyan Methodist Church

 
Oakenshaw Methodist

Oakenshaw Wesleyan Methodists

Meetings were originally held in private houses and in 1822 buildings were erected and used as a day school, Sunday school and place of worship.  In 1874 a chapel was erected and a new Sunday school followed in 1911.  In 1951 the Sunday school was adapted as a dual purpose building and the church was sold and used as commercial premises. In 1977 the church closed and the congregation dispersed. 

Baptisms start in 1874 . There is no graveyard

 

 

HOME