Lower Wyke Moravians
The chapel was built in 1753 but wasn’t officially recognised as a Moravian congregation until 1755. This building was too small and replaced by the present chapel in 1775. The Sisters House was built in 1782 as a residence and workshop for the single ladies of the congregation. A Girls Boarding School was added in 1794 and a Minister’s House adjoining the church in 1795. The present Sunday school was erected in 1881, although work had been going on with children since 1802. The Men’s Institute was added to the Sunday school building in 1908.
There is a graveyard with simple memorials as is usual in the Moravian Church. These will just give a name, year/date of death and sometimes the age or date of birth. Blackburn visited the graveyard in 1929.
The baptism and burial records have not been deposited with the West Yorkshire Archives and are currentlčy still held by the church.